PERCHÈ, PRIMA O POI, UNA CURA LA TROVANO... MA NEL FRATTEMPO DIAMOCI UNA MANO PER NON PERDERCI NELLA NOTTE

martedì 16 febbraio 2016

Thoughts of a son affected with Stargardt Disease

Thoughts of a son affected with Stargardt Disease


Mum, Dad, 

I prepared a beautiful post, a long post full of examples and thoughts, thoughts of a son effected with Stargardt disease…. But realised too many words were useless.

I have a rare disease. Full stop. This does not depend on anyone, it’s just the way it is. Nothing will change the cards I was dealt with in this game called life.

I have lots to be thankful for. I have two hands, a sound mind and a great heart, I am a strong individual, and I owe this to you both, to your hard work.

All that matters now is that I am strong enough to face all the challenges in life, Stargardt disease is just one of them.

Like all challenges this must be addressed openly, without letting it tarnish the beauty of everyday life.

I am simply happy to be alive… and I owe my life to the ones who gave it to me YOU.

The only thing I can decide is how to live my life and I choose to live it smiling, every time I have the strength to do so.

D.



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Translate